We saw a new book just out from The O’Fallon Community Foundation by Patricia Swinger and wanted to let everyone know about this great new book!
Great history of everything you ever wanted to know about the Zumwalt family (German) when they came, who they came with and where they settled! Then it shares the history of the Zumwalt home and the Heald House!
This great little book also acknowledges all of the hard work of Jessie Francis, Raleigh Jessup, Joe Harl, Charlie Brunjes and Mayor Paul Renaud did to bring the place back to life. And it is through the wonderful work of the O’Fallon Community Foundation that the Fort is there today. Today it is part of the wonderful Parks and Recreation Department of the great City of O’Fallon. Tours are available and the historic site is open on the the second and fourth Sunday from May to September. Please call 636-379-5614 for more information.
We highly recommend it for those who love O’Fallon history! For those into the War of 1812 or how it happened here in St. Charles County or for those interested in who were Veterans either here IN ST CHARLES TROOPS or elsewhere see Veterans Roll of the War of 1812.